Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/themacon/public_html/core/vb/string.php on line 747

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/themacon/public_html/core/vb/string.php on line 747

The Good Ole Day of the MOL - The MAC Online Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The Good Ole Day of the MOL Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good Ole Day of the MOL

Remember them? Part of me thinks that the MOL should return to its glory days. Crazy arguments. Politics. Name calling. Multiple usernames (I only had 1 name, but logged on a friend's several times). The REP WARS. Noker. Oh Noker.

This is the MOL I remember: http://web.archive.org/web/200404052...maconline.com/

I had, for years, http://www.cd-communications.com/macforum saved on my browser to avoid the front page and get straight to the brawl.

RIP MOL, my old friend.

I remember...

Comment

I remember them and miss them dearly. Loved the good brawls that would go on about the big rivalry games. Now you can't say anything negative without it getting deleted or someone ripping you apart for saying it.

Comment

Its a dog eat dog world..thank god I am wearing milkbone underwear.

Comment

If you didn't check MOL at least twice a day, you were missing out on a LOT.

Comment

We used to be able to get away with colorful, large font posts, too. That was always nice. And I had the pleasure of attending a couple MOL gatherings outside of the board. Nice to put faces with some names here.

Comment

Originally posted by Whasup View Post
              If you didn't check MOL at least twice a day, you were missing out on a LOT.
              I remember getting home from my after school job only to find out that the post I made at lunch and all of the responses to it had been deleted. Then I would have to message people to figure out what the hell happened. Then there was the infamous "booing of the Star-Spangled Banner" which wasn't actually booing. I remember apologizing on behalf of my peers only to take the apology back to the dismay of the entire MOLiverse. What I didn't realize was that the thread had damn near a thousand views by the time of my retraction. So I was getting comments from both sides by then and was thinking, "Why do you people actually care what I think." And all of the election 2004 threads were epic. Same with the CW/Ver and CW/SH. Cannot forget "is it time?" I forget what thread had the most views ever. I used to have it bookmarked but then the server crashed. The last good thread I recall is the Celina HS rainbow lover thread. Soon after that the site was overhauled and then just died.

Comment

For what it's worth, I still find the current vbulletin format to be extremely glitchy and aggravating.

Comment

I hate the current format- but only because it takes something like 34 seconds for a post to post. If that makes sense.

Yes- the good old days. I hate being the "old man yelling at kids to get off my lawn" but I miss BuckeyeDave and noker going at it. And Dingleskins and totallytigers multiple personalities.

And- as Whasup said - you had to check a couple times a day if something got going.

Blizzards and Snow-apocolypses

Religion- specifically the wearing of t-ball uniforms to Mass.

The Snickers Wiffleball tournament.

Country Concert

Cutting down trees.

I do believe the longest running thread was the ORIGINAL Announcement Thread- which was like a 'Seinfeld' episode in that it was a thread about nothing. In response to wackycards making a weekly announcement about leaving, or coming back, or whatever.

Comment

Oh, wackycards. Didn't he have a translator for a brief period? And a crush on bethy?

And who could ever forget v-town vixen...

Comment

Those days of the epic spats are long gone. Anyone remember the "Longview Cattle Farm" thread? Or was it called Baby Calf? Believe is was in 2005 or 2006. Anyhow is was to do with the farm North of Versailles raising baby calves.

Comment

2005 http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-11941181.html

My memory is cloudy but...

Ken McApple being recruited to Versailles...
                        Cleats on basketball courts (What was that story?)
                        meyer57 reminded me of people stumpling at Oktoberfest.

Made a lot of friends on this site over the years. cravinm and overtyme were some of the first. We met up in Columbus back in '03 after an OSU game. Maybe against BG?
                        bethy, big-sis, mtvmom, and purple & white. Still in tough with three of them through facebook.
                        Same with Hoot, clipboard, exjock, goskinsgo, AlexTheRed...
                        Hell, there's one guy that I've gotten to know over the years but I don't even remember his MOL handle.
                        Had some silver yummies with meyer57 and BuckeyeDave at Wingfest.
                        Lots more than that. A lot more.

Definitely had some good time on this page. The rise of facebook directly coincides with the decline of message boards. Not saying that was the only reason for the fall of the MOL, but it's a biggy.

Comment

Oh, wackycards. Didn't he have a translator for a brief period? And a crush on bethy?

And who could ever forget v-town vixen...

I translated a few of his posts. Really wasn't that hard since I had toddlers at home and was teaching Jr. High at the time.

Yes to bethy

And

Yes to v-town vixen.

Comment

2005 http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-11941181.html

My memory is cloudy but...

Ken McApple being recruited to Versailles...
                            Cleats on basketball courts (What was that story?)
                            meyer57 reminded me of people stumpling at Oktoberfest.

Made a lot of friends on this site over the years. cravinm and overtyme were some of the first. We met up in Columbus back in '03 after an OSU game. Maybe against BG?
                            bethy, big-sis, mtvmom, and purple & white. Still in tough with three of them through facebook.
                            Same with Hoot, clipboard, exjock, goskinsgo, AlexTheRed...
                            Hell, there's one guy that I've gotten to know over the years but I don't even remember his MOL handle.
                            Had some silver yummies with meyer57 and BuckeyeDave at Wingfest.
                            Lots more than that. A lot more.

Definitely had some good time on this page. The rise of facebook directly coincides with the decline of message boards. Not saying that was the only reason for the fall of the MOL, but it's a biggy.
                            You're on Facebook? Hit me up!!

Comment

Cannot believe nothing was brought up about john~stockton :'( Miss you guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X