Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/themacon/public_html/core/vb/string.php on line 747

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/themacon/public_html/core/vb/string.php on line 747

The Good Ole Day of the MOL - The MAC Online Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The Good Ole Day of the MOL Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure why I checked in but what-the-hey? I remember some good banter with clipboard, CJK84, Gneiss Rocks, Dingelberry(aka goskinsgo) and some other that I've forgotten their names.

WgrillMan-baby calves? What other kind are there?

Whasup- stumpling? I think that was goskinsgo that first experienced that several years ago.
    Last edited by bruker; 11-15-2014, 12:52 AM.

Comment

I am open to all suggestions on how we can bring back the glory days. ALL suggestions.

Comment

• gobucks
        gobucks commented
        Editing a comment
        put a politics section on here

• macthunder
        macthunder commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love to get to a set up that doesn't take 1 min to post. If you get back to that and allow people to push certain limits in an open public forum I think slowly this will come back. Look how many people still log on to see if anything happens to be going on.

I miss it!!!! Oh my..the good arguments...noker, bigbucfan, and yes..john Stockton. It was a daily soap opera. I'd buy all the archives just to re-live the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingleberry View Post
        I miss it!!!! Oh my..the good arguments...noker, bigbucfan, and yes..john Stockton. It was a daily soap opera. I'd buy all the archives just to re-live the fun.
        Re-live the fun as you call it? You're whacked in the head! A politics section would be an excellent place to start, but that'll never happen.

Maybe a counter at top showing a countdown to the number of trees left in Mercer county. .

Comment

I really, really miss the good old days of the MOL. Until about 2010 or so, there were threads about every MAC football game every week for all ten weeks - and many new threads daily in the Community Chat that generated numerous responses.

There were many posters who I enjoyed and miss. I miss Buckeye15 the most - he was at times entirely insane and needlessly negative, but was also the MOLer whose posts we all loved to read probably more than anyone - he was quite funny.

I believe that a huge reason message boards are down in traffic is the rise of smart phones. Smart phones are great for receiving and sending short messages (e.g., Twitter) and because of their soaring popularity, people are seldom seated at a desktop or laptop during their free time. Thus, to type out comparatively long posts appropriate for a forum such as this just ain't gonna happen.

I'd love to see the MOL make a comeback but I think it unlikely. Glad I was around in its heyday - and wish I could meet some of the many posters I anonymously interacted with years ago.
          Last edited by CJK84; 11-24-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

We need to get Obama to come to Mercer county on a Sunday , Give him a pair of flip flops and a Husqvarna chainsaw then let him loose in the woods behind dingleskins house.
            Last edited by gneiss rocks; 11-24-2014, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I think one of the greatest threads (at least in length) was the original Is it time????????? thread

Comment

I'm totally bummed that whasup didn't mention me.....

Nah-just kidding. I know it was just an oversight....(sob)

I have also met some pretty interesting people through tMOL. (Like Purple and White-she grew up like 3 blocks from where I live-but I never met until we had a MOL meet and greet) Spent a weekend with exjock in New Hampshire.....you wouldn't believe why we were there....lol

A few guys I knew before MOL-then talked to them more here than I ever did in person.

Remembering that "Is it time" thread...isn't it funny FR made their first playoff appearance and Minster is doing real well now?

Comment

I agree that it shouldn't take a minute to post a reply. That absolutely drives me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by gneiss rocks View Post
                    We need to get Obama to come to Mercer county on a Sunday , Give him a pair of flip flops and a Husqvarna chainsaw then let him loose in the woods behind dingleskins house.

Nothing like going from a lame duck to a sitting duck! Excellent post. I am still chuckling as I can picture dingleskins in this scenario.

Comment

• gneiss rocks
                      gneiss rocks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I did miss one thing for that mental image...After leaving the rally where he promised to double farm subsidies, Obama...

All morning I had one of those feelings that I was being drawn to do something unusual. I am sitting in my recliner dozing thru the football game dreaming that it is 2004 and I am spending way to much time self pleasuring myself on the MOL. When I woke up my laptop was open on my lap and I was logged in--I was sleep posting. Scary stuff.
                    btw Whasup I never liked you back--the only Macster I could tolerate was doppleganger.

Comment

• gneiss rocks
                      gneiss rocks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Only liking doppleganger....might explain the self pleasuring.

Here's a secret I never told: when I was posting at 2am on weekends, I was usually drunk. I know, shocking.

Comment

Here's a secret I never told: when I was posting at 2 PM on weekdays in the summer, I was usually day drinking.

Comment

mojoe, I never would have guessed....

Comment

I think you guys are answering your own questions in this forum. "The Good Ole Days" were ultimately the demise of this site. The joking and sarcastic posts in the middle of an intellectual conversation got really annoying. When it was in it's prime, there were logical conversations about various topics and sports. Sure, there was the occasional moronic interruption, but the intelligence level of a majority of the posters about the topic at hand would out number those whose sole purpose was to be sarcastic and ruin a conversation as quick as possible. As time went on, those percentages flip flopped and the site was taken over by "The Good Ole Boys" and now you can see how good that is going over.

Comment

• Bruce Monnin
                            Bruce Monnin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yep, I got tired of having the same person sarcastically mock my every post, so I left.
                        Working...
                        X