Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/themacon/public_html/core/vb/string.php on line 747

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/themacon/public_html/core/vb/string.php on line 747

New Bremen Sunoco - No receipts at the pump - The MAC Online Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
New Bremen Sunoco - No receipts at the pump Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bremen Sunoco - No receipts at the pump

Seriously....how hard can it be to re-fill the paper rolls at the gas pumps so they print out the gas receipt ? Nothing but pure laziness. Typical work ethic of New Bremen. This speaks volumes on so many levels it's not even funny. I switched to Gas America in Minster. Every pump prints out the receipt when you pay at the pump.

Also something else to consider.. Be damn sure your credit card went thru... I was on vacation few weeks ago and along way from home. Stopped at a Shell to gas up. Popped my credit card in the pump to scan, put the hose in the tank, selected the grade I wanted and pumped my tank full. Pump wouldn't give me a receipt and I wanted one so I walked into the place. I told the clerk behind the counter I needed a receipt and gave her the pump number. She looked at me and said I'd have to pay for it before I could get a receipt. Dumbfounded I explained I'd scanned my card and thought it taken the information as it let me pump fuel. I was told they'd just turned the pump on for me, and my card didn't read. Said something must be wrong with my card.... I told her I didn't think so as I'd just used it an hour or so ago to pay for breakfast. card has been just fine since.

My point is IF I hadn't wanted a receipt I'd of not walked in and of had no knowledge I'd not paid for the gas and headed on up the interstate.. They'd of called the cops and I'd probably of gotten arrested for this. I let the gal know, they were purposely setting people up. She just looked at me with a smug look! Bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by soccer1 View Post
      Seriously....how hard can it be to re-fill the paper rolls at the gas pumps so they print out the gas receipt ? Nothing but pure laziness.
      I think there's something wrong with the machines. It never accepts my card at the pump. I always have to go in to pay. Like you, I drive by and go to Marathon in NB or Minster, depending on which way I'm going. I don't mind going in to pay, I do mind standing in line for an extra few minutes to do something I should be able to do at the pump.

Nothing but pure laziness. Typical work ethic of New Bremen. This speaks volumes on so many levels it's not even funny.
      Really? You're going to base an entire towns work ethic based on the actions or lack of actions of some gas station attendants?
      If you're using that reasoning, I think it makes you look like more of a fool than it makes NB look lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Whasup View Post

I think there's something wrong with the machines. It never accepts my card at the pump. I always have to go in to pay. Like you, I drive by and go to Marathon in NB or Minster, depending on which way I'm going. I don't mind going in to pay, I do mind standing in line for an extra few minutes to do something I should be able to do at the pump.

Really? You're going to base an entire towns work ethic based on the actions or lack of actions of some gas station attendants?
        If you're using that reasoning, I think it makes you look like more of a fool than it makes NB look lazy.
        I thought that was kind of funny too.....

Comment

I know for a fact that they do work. When I complained several months ago, miraculously they began to print again.
          As far as the work ethic comment, my point is, is that when people from out of town fill up and they are forced to go inside, it gives two impressions :
          1. The local attendants are too lazy to simply turn the key and re-fill the paper. What kind of message do you walk away with.....they won't come back.
          2. It's a ploy to just get you inside the store in hopes you will make added purchases. In fact, it does just the opposite.
          Sorry...had a bad morning and kinda went off. Didn't mean to offend the entire town.....just a few.

Comment

I know for a fact that they do work. When I complained several months ago, miraculously they began to print again.
            As far as the work ethic comment, my point is, is that when people from out of town fill up and they are forced to go inside, it gives two impressions :
            1. The local attendants are too lazy to simply turn the key and re-fill the paper. What kind of message do you walk away with.....they won't come back.
            2. It's a ploy to just get you inside the store in hopes you will make added purchases. In fact, it does just the opposite.
            Sorry...had a bad morning and kinda went off. Didn't mean to offend the entire town.....just a few.
            It's your number 2 for me...

Comment

Wait. New Bremen has a Sunoco station?

I need to get out more often...

Comment

It used to be Rumps 76. Across from Pizza Hut.

Comment

Interesting topic. Need more like it on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Whasup View Post
                    It used to be Rumps 76. Across from Pizza Hut.
                    A Pizza Hut, in New Bremen?

Comment

Hahaha! How long have you been stuck in your house?

Comment

I thought the Pizza Hut was in Minster?

Comment

It is "south of Amsterdam" but Bremen stretched past that boundary quite a few years ago.

Comment

Several years ago when the Quick Stop in Chickasaw first opened the receipt would show your name. The first time I got gas there the guy ahead of me didn't pull his receipt and the name on it was William Cunningham. I doubt if it was WLW's Bill Cunningham but hey, maybe it was.

Comment

Since the Pizza Hut in New Minster was brought up... True story here, no BS.. Buddy and his wife did take out from there two weeks ago. His wife wanted pizza from there, he said last time he ate there 15+ years ago he got deathly sick, but go ahead anyhow... Well they got pizza for themselves and their pregnant daughter and son-in-law.... Next day buddy had the screaming mee-meeies on the toilet and his daughter's water broke and she went into labor... That's some serious stuff right there. Magical powers maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X