Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/themacon/public_html/core/vb/string.php on line 747

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/themacon/public_html/core/vb/string.php on line 747

Division 7, Region 24 - The MAC Online Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Division 7, Region 24 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Division 7, Region 24

If there is ever an argument to have an all inclusive OHSAA football playoff, it is this region. Convoy Crestview at 4-6 makes it in as an #8 seed. If teams that have losing records are making it into the playoffs, you might as well have an all inclusive tournament, and let everyone in.

strength of schedule......plays a part...like it just as it is....no change

Comment

That region, recordwise, is weak. Who else would you have in the #8 spot?? There aren't many more contenders to choose from, and I'll wager Crestview is better than most of them.

Comment

Who knows if Crestview is better than the other ones? If they don't play the other ones head to head, you don't really know. Since the OHSAA has decided to add the 7th division, you see more of teams with mediocre records making the playoffs. I just think, that since the playoffs has got to the point where you see teams with .500 records or below sometimes making it in, you might as well expand them and have an all-inclusive tournament. After watching Crestview play Parkway this year, I would have bet a couple of paychecks that they had no chance of making the playoffs. Good thing I didn't make that bet...lol I don't have any other team in the region you could make an argument for being there...Crestview got a lucky break being in that region, since that is the only region they would have had a playoff spot, but I think the OHSAA should look into the tournament where everyone is involved. I think the playoffs has gotten to the point and this is just one example that you can make an argument that an all-inclusive tournament should be explored! I personally think Indiana has it right with the way they do it, but it would be harder here in Ohio, since Ohio has more schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott994 View Post
          Who knows if Crestview is better than the other ones? If they don't play the other ones head to head, you don't really know. Since the OHSAA has decided to add the 7th division, you see more of teams with mediocre records making the playoffs. I just think, that since the playoffs has got to the point where you see teams with .500 records or below sometimes making it in, you might as well expand them and have an all-inclusive tournament. After watching Crestview play Parkway this year, I would have bet a couple of paychecks that they had no chance of making the playoffs. Good thing I didn't make that bet...lol I don't have any other team in the region you could make an argument for being there...Crestview got a lucky break being in that region, since that is the only region they would have had a playoff spot, but I think the OHSAA should look into the tournament where everyone is involved. I think the playoffs has gotten to the point and this is just one example that you can make an argument that an all-inclusive tournament should be explored! I personally think Indiana has it right with the way they do it, but it would be harder here in Ohio, since Ohio has more schools.
          I think there was a team at 4-6 a few years ago that made it to the State semi's, can't remember what team it was....

Comment

Originally posted by gobucks View Post

I think there was a team at 4-6 a few years ago that made it to the State semi's, can't remember what team it was....
            Last year... I believe Columbus Grove went 5-5 in the regular season before losing to the ML Flyers in the State Semis.

Comment

Originally posted by meyer57 View Post
              Last year... I believe Columbus Grove went 5-5 in the regular season before losing to the ML Flyers in the State Semis.
              Columbus Grove went 6-4. Marion Local went 5-5 in 2009 and lost to DSJ in the state semi's.

Comment

McComb defeated Crestview, but it was much closer than expected: 27-26. Maybe Crestview deserved to be in after all.

Comment

Working...
                X