Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/themacon/public_html/core/vb/string.php on line 747

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/themacon/public_html/core/vb/string.php on line 747

Parkway Athletics - The MAC Online Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Parkway Athletics Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkway Athletics

AD, basketball coach, and football coach all resign at the board meeting. Anyone able to shed some light?

http://www.wcsmradio.com/index.php/n...ign-at-Parkway

I don't have really a lot of information on this, but there has been some disappointment in the community with the football and basketball programs. I don't think the coaches are totally to blame, but when programs struggle there is pressure on the coaches to turn the programs around. Parkway has some good students coming up through the junior high right now, that will greatly improve their fortunes in the next few years, but it has been a rough few years for Parkway in those two sports in particular. I knew there were some speculation a couple of years ago about the AD leaving for Coldwater, but rumors are always there, so I only believe what is concrete. I hope to get some more information over the next few days...I have been on vacation, and haven't heard much since I got back.
    Last edited by Scott994; 03-03-2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

The Parkway communities disappointment is a direct result of their expectations. The question I have is if the members of the Parkway community (parents, players and coaches) understand the price which must be paid in order to meet those expectations. Take a read at the following and pay particular attention to paragraphs 12 and beyond

http://pressprosmagazine.com/weekend...me-teams-dont/

Take a look at the winning programs in this part of the state and what Sonny writes about is true of all of them.

Comment

You are right C-towner with certain expectations being what they are here at Parkway. That article has some spot on things that really ring true for this community. Thing is the certain people that have these expectations right now are the ones who are doing absolutely nothing to help their student athletes become better. A coach can't turn a kid into a great basketball/football/volleyball player with just 2 hr practices. A lot of this falls on the parents/players to put in the extra work in the mornings and the off season to get better. That is not happening, at least not in the same stratosphere as it is in some of our competitors schools. The personal offseason training/workouts that most kids are doing at other schools are just not happening here. I'm not saying we had the greatest coaches but they are a lot better than what some schools in the area have and it's unfortunate they are leaving because of these "lofty" expectations. I also know the upcoming classes starting with the freshmen/sophomores down to basically 3rd grade seem to have a different outlook on what it's gonna take to make these programs successful, as do the parents. There are some really good things coming for Parkway in all sports if everyone keeps the same goals in mind and continues to put in the work to get there. I just hope that happens.

Comment

Parkway will be also be looking for a new volleyball coach for next year. According to the OHSAA job posting info, Parkway will be accepting candidates for these jobs through April 1st.

Comment

Working...
          X